05 August 2011

PhD vs work

Had a talk from two people, who change their position, from PhD to work or the other way around. Since I was so curious about the reason behind that, so I just ask simply question "why do you choose PhD/work over your previous position?"

PhD --> work
- Simply that I think I don't really like the pure research thing and feel that PhD is really not into me. When I was PhD, I felt that everytime I woke up, thing in my mind was just "Ahh.. Another day needs to be passed again". After I work now, I just don't feel like that anymore. Simply wake up and go to work.

work --> PhD
- Good question. I also don't know why.

Note: The person who choose PhD over work has just started his PhD program. Let us wait for a while, and later see his response =)

So? what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think people from the other side thinks that PhD students are getting free money..(the stipend). Little do they know we work like hell..the pay/working hour is simply wayyyy to lowwww...agree??

    ReplyDelete