16 October 2010

A Typical Friday Night Talk at A Physics Lab Office

Suddenly I was reminded about something happen around 2 years ago. Things have been so different now, since I'm married and already have an almost-a-month-old cute baby boy. :) But this kind of thing just simply nostalgic. So, I want to share this 'drama scene' with you.

Characters:
PostDoc (PD) #1 = male, 31 years old
GradStudent (GS) #1 = female, age unknown, kept it as a secret, estimated age 27 years old
GradStudent (GS) #2 = male, 24 years old

PD #1: *coming back from outside* Hey, you're all still here..
GS #1: *busy on the phone*
GS #2: *smiling, while reading a research paper, can't concentrate*
GS #2: Is everyone still in the lab?
PD #1: Huh? *seems doesn't understand*
GS #1: You're from the lab right, with boss and PD #2?
PD #1: No. We've just been drinking. Friday night beers. What are you guys doing here?
GS #1: I'm waiting for my boyfriend.
PD #1: Do you have plan tonight?
GS #1: Yes. Dinner.
PD #1: Where?
GS #1: Canteen. *smiling*
PD #1: *smile* What a romantic dinner... (sarcasm).
*turn to GS #2* How about you?
GS #2: What? *still TRYING to read the paper, and another paper, so now TRYING to read 2 papers in a row*
PD #1: Do you have a plan tonight?
GS #2: No. Not me. Just as usual.
PD #1: Haven't find any hot I*d*n*s*an girl?
GS #2: Nope. There's not much I*d*n*s*an girls here doing PhD, even some of them are older than me. But, there are quite many I*d*n*s*an girls as for undergrads.
PD #1: Then go for the undergrads.
GS #2: Yeah, maybe, eventually. *smiling* How about YOU?
PD #1: I won't be here now if I have that kind of plan.
GS #1: But even if you have plan, if you leave now it will be very crowded, right? The MRT? Or you have to wait quite long for the taxi...
PD #1: Yes, you're right.
GS #2: But even if the transportation sucks, you will still enjoy every moment with the girl, right?
PD #1: No, no, not every moment. I used to think that way to when I'm young and innocent. Believe me...
GS #2: Okay. You're obviously have more experience than me. *smile*
*GS #1 cellphone is ringing, she receive it*
GS #1: It's my boyfriend. See you, bye bye... *leave the office*
GS #2: She's the only person here who has personal life. *smiling*
PD #1: Yeah, so sad. *staring at his laptop*
GS #2: *going out to have dinner at canteen*
*finished eating, back to office but it's DARK, no one's there*
*turn on the light, log on to the internet*

Disclaimer: This conversation is not fictional, yet it's also not 100% accurate (based on memory of somebody who almost had permanent head damage). Moreover, most of the conversation was made on joking mode. Any conclusion of characters personality solely based on this conversation will definitely yields erroneous result. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment