16 June 2010

Some Politically Correct Honest Answers about PhD Life

" Wow, you take PhD. So you must be so smart?"

" I used to. I wonder whether currently I am "
" Thank you for the compliment. But as a PhD, we would always try to work hard and do our best to improve our knowledge such that we can still be up to date to the latest technology."

* * *

" Why do you take PhD?"

" In our life sometimes we make mistakes. Some mistakes are small. Some are big. Taking PhD is one of the biggest one."

" The first reason is my passion in research. I find it's really interesting to find something novel and to develop a major breakthrough which could be contributed to the society."

* * *

" Which part of your PhD you like the most?"

" The stipend "
" The challenge "

" Anything else? "

" Hmm, I don't think so "
" Of course the great chance to broaden our knowledge and the contribution to the research society in specific and to the whole society in general "

* * *

" What's your dream in 5-10 years in the future?"

" I want to graduate. And also... (think very hard)... ya maybe that's all "
" I potray myself as a successful researcher expertise in my area, receiving nobel prize, and developing my own research community center."

* * *

" Do you plan to be a postdoc after you graduate?"

" If I graduate?? You must be joking. Well, if I really can graduate I may become postdoc... prvided I don't have any other choices"
" Yes absolutely. Research is my passion "

* * *

" Wana be a professor?"

" If I can choose, I really don't want to be a bad person"
" Yes, I want to be a successful professor with a great research lab "

No comments:

Post a Comment